Friday, August 6, 2010

Foodie Friday - Hard Rock Juice Cafe


Okay....I'm composed now. I almost renamed today's Foodie Friday Episode - Hard Luck Juice Cafe because after loosing 3 hours + worth of filming in less than one second by pushing the wrong button on my film cam this afternoon, I felt disheartened to say the least. But on the bright side, in the 14 months of making videos for Raw Food Rehab, that's the first time that has ever happened, so those are pretty good stats, right? I decided there was no sense shedding a tear over it since I still have some great recipes to share today and some pretty good still photos to boot. Everything tasted great and I hope something below will appeal to your palate so you can get inspired to go get your JUICE ON!!

Green Day

1 cucumber
1 green apple
¼ cup parsley
¼ cup mint
2 stalks celery
1 tiny piece of ginger
1 lime, peeled

Push all ingredients through your juicer. This particular combination is wonderful for promoting beautiful, smooth, hydrated skin.

Sunshine of Your Love

2 oranges, peeled and seeded
3 - 4 carrots
1 apple
small knob of ginger
1 lemon, peeled

Push all ingredients through a juicer. The main benefits of this juice include revitalization of the body, good for cold and glowing skin. Beauticians usually prescribe this juice because of its extremely good effects on the skin. But the benefits are not limited to the skin. It has a cleansing and boosting effect to the whole body.

(I realized that I only had one little carrot left from my week of juicing, so this recipes will look more vibrant and taste even richer when the additional carrots are added.)

Wild Thing

1 apple
1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple
1 cup watermelon, cubed
1 - 2 handfuls spinach

(add a bit of water to blend if necessary)

Blend together the desired amounts of each ingredient to create a wonderful mouth watering juice which is excellent for purifying your kidney and bladder. It also helps dispelling excess salts from your body. Some people use a tint of salt with this juice but I like to drink it as it is without the salt flavor.

Deep Purple

1 cup blueberries
1 cup frozen cherries
½ cup organic red grapes
½ cup raspberries, fresh or frozen

If you are using frozen fruit, you'll need to add water to blend. Puree all ingredients in a blender until well combined. This high anti-oxidant superjuice is likely to protect you from cancer, Alzheimer ’s disease, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, allergies, gout etc etc.

(Side Note....I had already drank about all I could by the time I made this brilliant combo, so I poured it into my ice cream freezer and made a sorbet for later tonight!)

The Pink Floyd

8 - 10 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
2 - 3 bananas (fresh or frozen)
nut or seed milk to blend

Put all ingredients into a blender and whirl until creamy. Kids love this served as is (a milkshake consistency), while some of you hard core Rawkers may want to add a tablespoon of green powder or Spirulina.

(Side note - I didn't have any nut milk prepared so I used a 1/4 cup hemp seeds and added about a cup of cold filtered water. I think this would also be even more delicious with a date or two and a splash of vanilla extract).
blog comments powered by Disqus