2. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is_______________________.
3. Take a morning walk of gratitude. I call it a “thank you walk.” It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
4. Instead of being disappointed about where you are think optimistically about where you are going.
5. Formulate your personal food plan, keeping your kitchen well stocked with only what's on your program, always staying mindful about the reasons you are making these better choices.
6. Remember that adversity is not a dead-end but a detour to a better outcome.
7. Focus on learning, loving, growing and serving.
8. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
9. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E's. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
12. Remember there’s no substitute for hard work.
13. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: “What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?” Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
14. Implement the No Complaining Rule. Complaining is like vomiting. Afterwards you feel better but everyone around you feels sick.
15. Read more books than you did in 2010. We happen to know of a few good ones. :)
16. Get more sleep. You can’t replace sleep with a cup of coffee or a candy bar.
17. Focus on “Get to” vs “Have to.” Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
I am thankful for __________.
Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
If these tips resonate with you, why not join me for a special tele-conference with Jon Gordon next week (it's free)? I have been so motivated by Jon's wisdom and inspiration and I think his Road to Success 2011 Event will be really motivational and help you, especially if you are in leadership or business. Click here for more details.