Friday, February 22, 2008

Eckhart Is My Homeboy


In my last post, I made a statement that I sensed my decision to commit to the upcoming juice feast wasn't something that I'm choosing, but that IT is actually choosing ME. After rereading those words and now having several comments from others who also appear to understand these feelings, I happened upon a writing from Eckhart Tolle that I wanted to share with you all here. This is from Oprah's website where he is discussing the reasoning behind why he wrote another book after his life-changing, The Power of Now......

"The process (of writing A New Earth) began in the same way as it had with The Power of Now—a strong sense that there was a book that wanted to be written. It felt almost as if the book already existed in the unmanifested realm and wanted me to bring it into this world. Many times in my life, it has been my experience that the most powerful starting point for any endeavor is not the question, What do I want?, but What does Life (God, Consciousness) want from me? How do I serve the whole? "

There it was again, simply said with different words, but the exact same thing I had been feeling. Eckhart articulated beautifully my own impression of my current internal feelings. I love when synchronicity brings it all together sometimes.

If you haven't read A New Earth: Awakening To Your Life's Purpose, I do hope you'll consider adding it to your list of must reads. I find it pretty amazing that Oprah has chosen this book for her Book Club list. The number of lives that may be touched through the reading of this is beautiful and humbling. I would also encourage you to go and sign up to be part of the online study of A New Earth that will be taking place every Monday evening, beginning March 3rd for 10 weeks. I don't suspect it is a consequence that this study parallels during the time of the global juice feast.

Today I am going out to get a blood sugar monitor. We are strongly encouraged to get a more clear picture of what our resting blood sugar levels are before beginning the juicing process. Knowing where we fall - whether in the normal, pre-diabetic or diabetic range - is important for planning what will actually be juiced during this time. I have a sense that I will be more into the pre-diabetic range, but we'll see. It is hard for me to imagine not being able to have fruit during this time. Alas, I'll cross that bridge if and when I get there.

Have a great weekend Everybody!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful post Penni, Isn't it amazing how his words seem so perfect? I am reading A New Earth now and I feel like I am underlining the entire book. It is so powerful.

I am signed up for the Oprah class too and I didn't even think about the juice feast going on at the same time. It is quite perfect!

Anonymous said...

hey there!
I briefly talked to you @ whole foods, was nice meeting you! I'll be peeking through your blogs from now on! Success with preparing for the Juice months!

Jolanthe
(pronounced as 'yolanta')

Penni said...

Hi Jolanthe!
It was a pleasure meeting you today at Whole Foods! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by by humble little blog to see what this juicing hubbub is about..LOL! You are gorgeous and I will come shop with you at J.Crew once I've completed the transformation.
xo...Penni

shannonmarie said...

I almost didn't recognize your blog. Love the juicy color choice. Am I the last one left not juicing?

Charis said...

Your blog looks great! Juicy!

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Hello Penni!

Your blog is beautiful, how have I missed it for so long?

AMAZING! I was just talking to my mom this afternoon and I said exactly what you have just said here...I feel like Juice Feasting has chosen me! As it has for all of us! I absolutely love it that we are all on this bright path together, and I look forward to getting juicy with you,

many blessings,

Katrina Rainoshek

ps. David is away for the weekend but we will get back to you soon about your upcoming fame:)

Raw Bliss said...

Hello Miss Beautiful!

I love, love, love this post. It has made me decide to re-check out A New Earth/The Power of Now. I had them both for a few days, but was so overwhelmed with homework that I wasn't able to read them! I must get them again.

Thank you for your wonderful comment. I am extremely flattered you find me so! I think you are awesome too. <3<3 & inspiring and just lovely and beautiful and GLOWING. :)

xoxo,
Melissa