Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Week In Review

It's been pretty busy in my neck of the woods lately! So as not to neglecting my first love, Real Food Tulsa, here are the highlights of what's been happening:

This past Friday morning I was interviewed on Tulsa's local CBS affiliate - KOTV regarding the the opening of Raw Food Rehab and asked to give a bit of details about what the 11 Week Total Health & Weight Loss Initiative is all about. Big Props to RFR Member, Jeromee Scott, producer for Six In The Morning, for making this possible!!


Then on Sunday, Kevin & Annmarie Gianni rolled through Tulsa in the famous "Kale Whale" to give a lecture for our Real Food Tulsa Meetup group. I was able to do a short interview with them for the Raw Food Rehab Unit (and you all) and I was able to capture a couple of minutes of Kevin's inspiring talk.

Even though I've known the Gianni's for a couple of years, I am always so impressed by their authenticity and passion for helping others. They are so down to earth and generous with their time and knowledge. Kevin's perspective on eating and health is completely refreshing and inspiring. Annmarie's new skin care line is truly excellent.

If you're not familiar with The Renegade Health Show, please do check it out. The Gianni's travel the country, working to bring you the most cutting edge health information possible. Kevin has interviewed the most high profile leaders in the raw and living foods community and continues to bring this information to you for no charge on his daily program.

I also recommend his recent book, High Raw. His philosophy and mine are nearly identical, as he teaches that it is about so much more than just the diet. His doable approach to eating raw will inspire and motivate you in this easy to read book. I prefer the hard copy but you can download the eBook for FREE at their website.

Fesitive Holiday Baubles from Raw for the Holidays

Then lastly, I've been devoting all my spare time to the editing of Raw For The Holiday's, an eBook that is the love child from the original cast of my Raw Food Rehab research Guinea Piglets. This book is a combined effort from many members who have submitted their best raw food friendly holiday recipes and photographs. Some of the celebrations we are including are; A Crisp Autumn Dinner, Football Watch Party, Thanksgiving, An Enchanted Winter Evening, Hannukah, Holiday Sweets, Christmas Brunch & Dinner and New Year's! Stay tuned as I'll be giving you details of how to order your copy within the week!

Ambrosia Salad
blog comments powered by Disqus