Thursday, September 3, 2009

Someone You Should Know - Barbara from Silver Springs, MD

Video Temporarily Unavailable......

Meet Barbara.....She's one of the participants from my recent Raw Food Rehab Experiment and she is rocking the raw food diet while traveling in Colorado. What an inspiration and amazing dedication. Here's what Barbara had to say about her experience on the Raw Food Cleanse:


“The raw food cleanse has brought so many positive changes into my life. Saying goodbye to dairy products and gluten containing foods has been a huge aspect of my restored health. No more gas or bloating, YEA! Also my blood pressure went from being borderline to being well within the normal range. Incorporating more raw foods into my diet has helped me to love myself more, putting me in closer touch with the world around me. They say you are what you eat and I believe that is so true. Before I learned about raw foods, I was rushed, always choosing packaged foods that were full of artificial ingredients. Now I appreciate nature’s bounty and find joy in something as simple as a fresh tomato! Every time I chose to eat raw, I’m deciding to be kind to my body. This is a huge breakthrough. It’s like my diet before was self-abusive. I’m truly grateful to have found this life restoring path.”


The Green Beauty juice that she refers to in the video is one of over 150 recipes from my upcoming book, the Raw Food Cleanse. Here is the recipe and a little background on why it is soooooo good for you!
Celery is loaded with organic sodium, which is one of most important alkalizing minerals. Most of us are deficient in organic sodium from years of eating a standard or acid-forming diet. Putting organic sodium back into your system will reduce or eliminate acid reflux disease, ease gastrointestinal distress, heal the lining of the stomach, aid digestion of proteins, and alkalize the bile of the liver and gallbladder (acid bile creates gallstones). Celery is a key part of the alkalizing aspects of the raw food diet. Celery is most easily absorbed when it's juiced.

Celery mixes well with cucumbers in a juice. The organic sodium of celery transports the water and silica rich cucumber juice into your tissues, creating a state of ultra hydration. The following recipe is one of the most beautifying and cleansing of all juices:

Green Beauty
6 stalks of celery
1 small cucumber handful of spinach (or other leafy green)
1 large apple

Run all ingredients through a juicer and serve over ice in a tall glass for ultimate beautification!
blog comments powered by Disqus