Monday, November 16, 2009

Someone You Should Know - Dennis Clark


Dennis Clark began Raw Food Rehab at the very beginning of our original 11 Week Experiment this past June the 1st. When Dennis joined RFR, he first weighed in at 485 pounds and today, less than 6 months later, he weighs 395 pounds. So far, Dennis has been our "biggest loser," and is a beloved member of our RFR family.

Dennis is not genetically obese, as a matter of fact, he used to be quite an athlete in high school, lettering in a few sports. He served in the United States military for a few years, maintaining a buff, athletic build. His family of origin are all average sized people. So, when Dennis signed up as one of our original research guinea pigs, I was fascinated to learn his story. Just two years ago Dennis was topping the scales at nearly 550 pounds.....To hear his full story listen as I read from Chapter 8 of the Raw Food Cleanse on YouTube.

Dennis' journey has not been one of perfection or of absolute formula, but it has been one of persistence and positive attitude. Dennis is not a whiner and he's not a victim. He has taken the call to action and realizes there is only one person who can make a difference in what is put into his cake hole.....and that's him.

Read what Dennis has to say about his experience in the first 11 Weeks: “I started the Raw Food Cleanse Experiment on June 1st 2009. I weighed in at 485lbs and I was extremely unhappy (even if I didn’t admit it). After just two 2 weeks on the program, I had lost 24lbs, and man, were my eyes suddenly wide open to a whole new world! For the next 9 weeks I continued to lose weight at an average rate of 4lbs a week. I even did a 3 days juice cleanse, which totally cleaned out my system and gave me tons of energy. When I made salads I would use anywhere from 13-20 different ingredients, the more the better! My world opened up to chia seeds and young coconut water – and now I’m currently about to start growing my own wheatgrass. When I started this experiment, I had realized that I was actually killing myself with the amount and kinds of foods I was eating, but in just a short amount of time on raw, I came to understand that I could live an amazing, full life, without depriving myself…talk about gaining some mental clarity! I now have hope that life can be better than it ever was before. For the first time I truly believe that I can and will have an active, healthy, vibrant life. I’ve also made friends that have really helped me along this journey, REAL friends that I will keep for life. On August 6th I dedicated my life to living a raw food lifestyle from here on out. There’s no going back now! After everything that has happened to me over the past 11 weeks, I want to do anything in my power to help promote the raw food lifestyle, community and to support all my raw food friends.”

In the first 11 weeks Dennis lost 64 pounds while gaining his life back. At this time, Dennis continues to steadily work towards his ultimate weight loss goal (having dropped another 18 lbs. in the last 4 weeks) and he stays busy promoting the life transforming power of the raw food diet here at RFR and beyond. You can follow Dennis’ progress by friending him at Raw Food Rehab, reading his blog, Real Men Eat Raw, and watching his videos on YouTube.

If you would like to join us at Raw Food Rehab, we'd be delighted! We'll meet you at the door with a green smoothie and a smile!
blog comments powered by Disqus