Thursday, July 19, 2007

Life since Monday

Yes.....this past Monday, I started eating exclusively raw food, again. I pretty much have been having the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday and I would like to share that with you here:

BEFORE 10 AM - Fresh fruit Smoothie
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup blueberries
handful of strawberries
2 tbsp. golden flaxseeds
small handfull of goji berries
1/2 cup fresh almond milk
1/2 cup young coconut milk
1 tbsp. Crystal Manna Flakes
(Klammath Lake algae)

Place all ingred. into a high power mixer and blend until smooth.

This concoction is a power drink, for many reasons. It is full of super foods, you know
those antioxidant containing darlings we all need more of. The flax seeds are full of
omega oils and create enough fiber in just one drink to keep your colon skipping for
joy! The Crystal Manna flakes are the bomb because they contain a very dense
amount of trace minerals and oxygenating properties that bring life into your blood
stream. I order them through oneluckyduck.com


Around Mid-Day Green Goddess Green Drink
6 stalks of celery
a bunch of kale (any variety)
a handful of parsley
a whole lemon
a knob of fresh ginger (the size of your thumb)
2 apples

Push everything through your juicer, strain if necessary, enjoy!

This is a deluxe drink for health. I have heard that if we change nothing in our lives
but drink 16-32 ounces of green based drink per day, we're well on our way to a more
dynamic existence. I am convinced that it's true.


Evening Meals - I have been playing around with this one. Mainly I have just been dining on a
marvelous salad with assorted accompaniments. I've made raw cashew hummus,
fresh cilantro guacamole, blueberry ice cream, and dehydrated tortilla chips. I used
to make elaborate raw meals and I haven't done that yet.....in time I will crank out
some winners and of course, I'll take pictures and share them here.

0 comments: