Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ripe Peach Rawk-A-Thon


Yesterday I felt the hard press coming at me from the kitchen. 1/2 bushel of perfectly ripe peaches were demanding my immediate attention. It was therapeutic to switch gears and go get creative in the kitchen after weeks of having my laptop as my constant extra appendage. As promised, I tried to come up with several newish recipes on how to use the peaches. All three dishes turned out surprisingly well so I wanted to share the recipes with you here.

Penni's Peachy Salsa
4 ripe fresh peaches, peeled & chopped
1 med. lime, juiced
2-3 heirloom tomatoes (I used golden/red zebras from my market)
1/2 small sweet onion (could use scallions)
2 jalapenos, seeded & minced
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1-2 tsp raw honey (use less if your peaches are really sweet)
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
pinch Celtic sea salt

Combine all ingredients and allow them to sit in an airtight container in the frig for an hour or two. Should keep a few days in the frig.

Peach Crumble
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup macadamia nuts (next time I'll used sprouted oats)
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp sea salt
6-8 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup maple syrup

Put the nuts into a food processor and pulse until well crumbled. Add in 1 - 2 Tbsp coconut butter, pulse. Put ingredients into a large bowl and add coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, folding the ingredients in well.

In another bowl place your prepared peaches and add maple syrup, blending well.

in a square glass baking dish, pour in the peach mixture first. Completely cover the top with your crumble mixture. Place in a warm dehydrator for a couple of hours before serving, if desired. YUM.

Easy Peach Sorbet
6 cups perfectly ripe peaches, peeled
1/2 cup raw agave nectar

Liquefy the peaches in a high speed blender. use a strainer or a nut milk bag to remove any impurities. Return to a clean blender pitcher and adding the agave nectar and some crushed ice. Blend to combine and chill.

Pour the chilled liquid into an ice cream freezer and run for about 20 -25 minutes. This might be the best thing I've ever tasted.

Don't forget KANSAS CITY'S BLISS FEST is this Saturday. I'm speaking at 1pm and I sure would love to see you there!!
blog comments powered by Disqus