Thursday, December 4, 2008

Helping Heidi Smile

Many of you may already be familiar with the website Raw Food Right Now. In just one visit to this website you'll suddenly have your finger on the pulse of what's happening in the world of raw food on any given day. Heidi and JS Ohlander have been dedicated to making raw food quick, simple, and fun for anyone and everyone for a number of years now. I have personally been following Heidi and JS around the internet, first on Eat.RawFood.com, on their site, RFRN, and a variety of other social networking sites like Myspace, Facebook and Give It To Me Raw, for at least three years. During this time, Heidi, JS & I have become good friends, although we haven't met in person yet, they feel like family.

During this past week, I'd noticed some updates on Twitter from both JS and Heidi that were of concern to me. One thing I know about Heidi is that she is pretty private and she IS NOT A whiner. These updates indicted that something was really wrong and the one that really got my attention was when Heidi posted this on December the 1st, "Sometimes when you hit rock bottom it takes a while to climb back to where you were, and then leaps of positivity come after that..." It was clear that something really bad had happened so I sent both Heidi and JS a couple of messages offering my thoughts, prayers and to see if there was any thing I could do to offer help. After some back and forth emails, Heidi and I connected by phone last night for a couple of hours and there she was able to reveal the story of what had really been going on.


Since it is a detailed story, I rather you hear it from Heidi, in her own words. She decided to go public with her situation in recording her first YouTube videos explaining the traumatic events that have been going on and why she has lost her smile. Please go here to watch the story in it's entirety. During our conversation, Heidi and I discussed ways that the raw food community might be able to help her. I have witnessed in the past, that when we join together as a community, blessed, magical things can and do happen. In her video, Heidi explains the new idea which is being called Heidi's Smile Fund.

If Raw Food Right Now has been a help to you on your raw food journey, or even if you're just learning about Heidi & JS for the first time while reading this post, I hope you'll take a bit of time to watch Heidi's videos and peruse the wealth of information that is contained in the 500+ posts. I also hope that you'll consider joining with me in making a donation of any size to this very special woman and leader in the raw food community. Let's help Heidi get her smile back!!

blog comments powered by Disqus