Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Searching For Springs

Most recently I've been in research mode, as I am committed to the completion of the book on which I've been working. This week my focus has been on the subject of hydration, and more specifically, the importance of hydration by means of drinking amazing water. I certainly don't profess to be an authority on drinking water, however, I have been doing a good deal of study on the subject for a few years now and what I've learned has changed my thinking, making me more conscious about from where my drinking water comes.My friend Dhrumil of We Like It Raw has joined forces with Elixir Craft's, Daniel Vitalis, to put together a new website called Find A Spring. Daniel and Dhru believe that it's time that we reclaim our water by finding and utilizing naturally occurring springs in our area. There are so many benefits of drinking real, fresh spring water. When you find the time, go listen to or download this great interview on the topic here. Much is covered including the why and how of finding a natural spring and how you can make sure the water you find is safe to drink.

So...I am on a mission. I've written a few letter and made a few phone calls this morning to the US Geological Survey Board and to Oklahoma National Parks & Recreation asking this question: Do you have a list of parks or other public areas where natural spring water is available in my area? Now I'm asking you the same question....do YOU know of any natural sources of spring water in your area that could available to the public? If you have some inside scoop, please write to me (realfood.tulsa@yahoo.com) or leave a comment at the bottom of this post. I'd love to help Dhrumil and Daniel in the compilation of a more thorough listing of natural springs and we could use any tips you may have. I'm planning to ask older relatives and other long time residents in my area if they can give us the hook up to this kind of water source.

I'm looking forward to making 2009 a year of reconnection to the beauty of nature in my area, which will include hiking, searching for spring water and artisan wells, foraging for edible wild greens and other delicious gifts from nature's garden.
blog comments powered by Disqus