Sunday, March 15, 2009

Airstream Dream & Recipe Sunday

When I get to heaven, I really don't want a mansion. I really just want an Airstream trailer, a really cool one like in the picture above. Don't ask me why, but I've had a fascination with Airstreams for as long as I've known they exist. You know, maybe I won't even have to wait to get to heaven....look at this Airstream that someone has turned into a mobile juice bar!
Sunday's are always good days to dream!

Although I've officially modified my March cleanse to include green smoothies, light salads and blended soups, I'm still juicing plenty. I'm always looking for new ideas of how to mix things up so I don't get too bored or fall into a rut. Lately I've been having one head of celery mixed with about 3-4 grapefruits every morning. Not sure what it is, but it's so yummy and my body seems to be craving it.

Today was the third week of congregating at the Tulsa Whole Foods juice bar for a Sunday afternoon juicy support group. Today we had 8 people in attendance and it was so encouraging to hear what others are doing and the progress they're making. Some are juicing exclusively, while others are incorporating green smoothies into their days. Kris, one of our juice feasting champions, has lost 10 pounds in 15 days! I noticed that everyone's skin and eyes looked so bright and alive. It's really miraculous what an abundance of fresh, organic fruit & vegetable juices (that include lots of leafy greens and celery) can do for a person!

Feeling Sweet & Saucy

3 apples
1 red pepper
1 small pineapple
6 carrots
1 tsp flax oil

Tomatillo Salsa Verde - Juiced
1 lb. tomatillos, husked
water of one thai coconut
1 jalapeño (serrano chiles work well too)
a few stalks of celery
1 small sweet onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
juice of 1-2 limes
1 tbsp. cold pressed olive, hemp, flax or macadamia nut oil
(Add a couple of tbsp of raw honey if you'd like it sweeter)

Push all ingredients through your juicer, except the coconut water, oil and honey. Combine all ingredients into your VitaMix and blend 30 seconds, or until creamy.

Nectar of the Mexican Goddesses
3-4 ears of corn, kernels cut from the ear
4 stalks of celery
1 red bell pepper
1 small yellow onion
1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
juice of 1-2 limes
1 jalapeño
dash of ground cayenne pepper
a sprinkling of mace or nutmeg
Celtic sea salt to taste

Juice all ingredients and add seasonings. Mix well and enjoy!

Raw Margarita
5 Green Apples
2 Limes, peeled
1 inch piece of Ginger
a dash of Cinnamon

Juice and then add a pinch of cinnamon.

You all have been pretty quiet this week...I'd love to hear how are you doing!
blog comments powered by Disqus