Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jardin de Shelton



The title is much more elegant than the reality. Today I get excited about the coming of Spring. Organic Gardening runs through my bloodstream and I'm more than eager to get my hands into the dirt and see if this year I can use last year's lessons learned to grow a more productive crop.

It's been a busy day of office work with an ultimate feeling of accomplishment. I veered off track from my juice cleanse for a moment this morning (see below), but I am immediately back on track and feeling great. The only symptoms of detox are that I'm aware of is the need to sleep 10 hours or the last two night and a couple of pimples erupting on my chin. So far So GOOD!

Also, BIG thanks to my juicing mentors, David and Katrina Rainoshek for featuring me and Courtney Pool, on their blog. If you want to learn more about juicing and all of it's marvelous nuances, I highly recommend the Rainoshek's site.

Today's Daily Juice:

1 Quart Smoothie: Pineapple, Orange, Banana
1.5 Quart Green Juice: Swiss Chard, Celery, Cucumber, Granny Smith, Lime
And later this eve - Bruschetta (after Taylor's FINAL basketball game):
1 pint (or more) grape or cherry tomatoes
1 sweet Vidalia onion (or other available variety)
1 small bunch basil
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 head celery
1 red bell pepper
1/2 large cucumber
juice of one lemon
freshly ground pepper, to taste
Celtic Sea Salt, to taste


Tell me, how are things going for you today?
blog comments powered by Disqus