Monday, March 24, 2008

Weigh In - Day Twenty Four

I guess the time has come to throw my poor old bathroom scales into the trash. I had been feeling like they weren't all that accurate, but at least they were giving me some idea that I was losing weight steadily since I've been juice feasting. Once I dropped my daughter at school this morning, I went into the locker room at my gym and weighed myself on their very professional doctor style scale. Ohhhh, oops, ouch.....I weighed more than I thought. Honestly, it wasn't that bad, but I promptly went home to calibrate my home scale to that of the correct weight on the gym scale. So for the sake of my own personal records I am going to repost my actual start weight and my correct current weight at the end of today's post. I will now post that every Monday for those of you who are into knowing what the weight loss is looking like.

I also went to my dental appointment today for the usual 6 month cleaning and for them to take a peek at pitiful old #17, aka Nub, my partially in/partially under wisdom tooth that had been causing me grief last week. As I expected, I have a hint of infection still left in the gum area and my dentist says it really needs to come out. I explained my current "cleansing program" to him in simple terms and he was pretty understanding. He felt that I could wait until after I am done with the juice feast, but if it starts giving me severe problems again, he will put me on antibiotics and send me straight to the oral surgeon. So, one day at a time and lots of sea salt water and wheat grass rinses for the Nub!

Monday's Daily Juice:
water-MSM-lemon
1.5 qt. grapefruit, orange & spirulina
1.5 qt. celery, arugula, cilantro, radish, red bell pepper, alfalfa sprouts, garlic, lime, onion, carrot, cayenne, Celtic sea salt.

Beginning Weight (3-1-08) 171
Current Weight (3-24-08) 157 total loss - 14 lbs.

1 comments:

Linda in the Raw said...

In the mean time you make want to run a mixture of neem oil/neem bark into the gums 2 x daily to help the infection. It tastes horrible but works like a charm!

xoxo,
Linda