Angela and I have plenty in common. We are both moms, raw foodies, information and education junkies and we share a vision and desire to help others and better our own lives while doing so. Angela is both bright and beautiful. She is one of those people that you meet and you immediately feel like you've known them for a long time. After a wonderful time of sharing, we parted with an understanding that today was just the first of many, many more such conversations. Thank you, Angela!
I am also delighted to share that I've been asked to write an article/essay for this week's feature segment on We Like It Raw, Women's Week. Dhrumil has a fantastic line up of essays and podcasts planned from women who work in the world of health and raw food. Check out who and what is on the agenda:
- Bell Chung on the female period and myths about the menstruation cycle
- Natalia Rose on growing up with an eating disorder and finding balance within raw foods [podcast]
- Sarma Melngailis on getting a few products to help you get the glow
- Stacey & Susan on female body image issues, how they found raw food and coaching others [podcast]
- Penni Shelton on her motivation behind Juice Feating and how the experience has been so far (OMG....that's me!!)
- Ani Phyo on her raw food journey and becoming a successful raw chef [podcast]
- Emily Shaules on rising above fibromyalgia and finding purpose in her life
I also had the opportunity to have a great phone conversation with Margo Jakobi, raw food coach and public speaker, from St. Joseph, Missouri. Margo has an infectious passion for health, raw and vegan foods and for reaching out, helping and inspiring others. She has some really amazing things in the works and her energy really poured fueled on some of my own personal desires, like actually doing the ebook, that so far, has just been rattling around on the MC Word of my mind. So, brainstorming with her was another spectacular treat and a great motivator in the middle of my day.
Tomorrow is my half way mark!! That's right I'll have been juicing for 46 days which is half way to my goal of 92 days. This time has really gone by quickly and it's hard to believe I'm looking at the road ahead and it's all down hill from here on out. Tomorrow will be a real milestone on this journey and I hope to have something wonderful and meaningful to share with you for my 46th day ;- )
My juices were pretty simple today....before noon was a couple of quarts of orange/carrot/spirulina and then afternoon and evening another two quarts of celery/spinach/green onion/cherry tomatoes/cilantro/ jalapeño/garlic/lime/sea salt/freshly cracked pepper to taste. I drink some variation of this juice every evening and it basically tastes like salsa.....I am addicted.