Saturday, May 10, 2008

Baby's Birthday - Day 71

Fifteen years ago today a precious new life was brought into this world. My darling daughter is celebrating her 15th birthday today along with her best friend Audrey. These two girls have a great heritage to share. Audrey's mother, Peggy, and I were just acquaintances back then, as she worked for another salon in town, but we happened to be pregnant at the same time. On the morning of May 10th, 2003, Peggy and I were taken to our respective hospitals, both in labor....she, two weeks before her due date and I, two weeks late. Although we were at different hospitals in Tulsa, we shared the same group of OB/GYN's. As one doctor was attending to Peggy & incoming baby Audrey at St. John's, another partner was right there along side me at Hilcrest with her catcher's mitt on delivering my little Gabrielle. Gabby is exactly 30 minutes older than Audrey (although Audrey is a head taller now) and they have literally been best friends ever since. Over time, Peggy ended up coming to work for me at my salon and we have been watching these girls grow into gorgeous young ladies ever since. So, today, I wish a very happy birthday to these two little soul sisters! I love you!

We woke up this morning and went to birthday breakfast at Brookside By Day, a campy little dive diner just blocks from our house. This place is Gabby's favorite breakfast joint. She ordered French Toast with a side of toast. (This really cracks me up.) Everyone else had omelets, cinnamon rolls, or eggs and bacon. I had 2 large orange juices. I have gotten over feeling like a stranger in a strange land when everyone around me is eating and I just drink. I was actually more than a little grossed out by the greasy looking fare in front of my family and my daughter's friends. But we had fun and the girls were happy. From there we went to Chez Target and then to Hollywood Nails. The girls got flashy new french tips and I had a heavenly pedicure. It was a great 15th birthday. Now we are on the count down to Sweet 16 (prayers for mom are welcome!)

Saturday's Daily Juice:
1 qt. fresh orange Juice
1 qt. grapefruit & Vita Mineral Green
1 qt. "Lemon Dreamsicle" - young coconut water w/ the juice of 3 lemons and 1 tsp.+ lemon zest, 1 tbsp. raw honey, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tbsp. Spirulina all blended in the Vita Mix w/ ice.
1qt. celery, mizuna, arugula, red onion, yellow bell pepper, jalapeƱo, lime, olive oil, raw honey & fresh cracked pepper.

Yesterday I started taking Internal Parasite Formula. It is recommended to start this on day 60 of a juice feast but I'm just now getting to it. I also still take MSM daily, as well as my B12 & folic supplement.

6 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Awwwww. How sweet! Happy birthday Gabby and Audrey!
That lemon dreamscicle sounds yum! I might have to try it tomorrow.
XO
Pixy

Anonymous said...

"Your" girls are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I am going to make that dreamscicle too, sounds yummy! I love the story and picture of Gabby and Audrey :)

Michelle said...

Thank you for letting me be a part of your BEAUTIFUL daughter's birthday. Happy Birthday to her!!! It sounds like a lovely day was spent by all!

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Happy Birthday to your precious daughter!

And Happy Mother's Day to you precious mommy!!

LOVE!!

HiHoRosie said...

How cool is that? I mean what a great story. Those girls are gorgeous - happy (belated) birthday to them both!