Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Southern Hospitality - Day 74

Alright. So I'm a week or two late in posting the perfect mint julep recipe. Many Southerners get really geared up to start drinking this classic around the time of the Kentucky Derby. However, many of my friends feel that the Mint Julep is the universal signature drink of Southern hospitality. Being the modern, health conscious, juice feaster that I am.....I'm taking it upon myself to create a juice feast friendly version of this timeless favorite, minus the bourbon, dang it.
MINT JULEP

1 cup fresh mint leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
2 cups fresh pineapple juice
juice of 2 lemons
1 tsp. lemon zest
a good splash of original kombucha, club soda or sparkling water
1 Tbsp.+ raw honey or agave (if you are feeling edgy)
Ice cubes, to serve

Juice mint, pineapple and lemons in your juicer. Add honey or agave and lemon zest and let sit in your refrigerator for 30 minutes or more. Before serving add kombucha, sparkling water, or club soda and serve over ice and garnish with mint leaves.

Tuesday's Daily Juice:
2 qt. orange juice w/ VitaMineral Green & ice in the blender
4 oz. wheat grass
water fasted in the afternoon & evening.

Something funky is going on with me. Not sure what, but I haven't really been into juice lately. (Word....that's a bummer when you're on a 100 day juice feast.) I'll keep you homies posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your body is telling you something. Maybe it is ready to begin a new phase....stay attuned to what your body says, not what a calendar count may be.

XXOO

Angela

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Wow. That mint julep looks yummy!

HiHoRosie said...

Yeah, the mint julep sounds great!

Linda Salas said...

I think it is normal around this time into the feast, it is happening to everyone I know of who has come this far, rest and have more water!

Melissa Sokulski said...

I'm going to make that mint julep tomorrow! I have been loving mint in my fruit juices: apple, strawberry and mint is like heaven.
~ Melissa

Anonymous said...

your in the last phase...
just think; it's the last funk, and it has to go!!

heehee