Sunday, May 11, 2008

Momma Mia - Day 72

Happy Mother's Day!! Even if you're not a mother, you had to have a mother, right? Today is the day to celebrate the girl that gave you life. So, even though my mother has been gone for nearly twenty years, I send her all my love anyway.....Thanks to you, dear Mom, for giving me the gift of life!

My sweet family surprised me this morning with one of my favorite fragrant flowering plants.....the gardenia. The buds are just coming up and there are about ten that I can see. The fragrance will be intoxicating when it is in full bloom and I will savor the scent each time I pass by. My mom used to make me wear a mother's day corsage every year to church, and no offense to anyone, but I am so happy that those are out of fashion today. I love my potted gardenia bush......love to you, Gordon, Gabby and Taylor!!

Today was a beautiful, calm and relaxing day. I had the opportunity to play in the garden a bit, which I love and I also got to visit a bit with two of my sister-in-laws. Debbye and Jim came through town to visit and then my brother's first wife, Sylvia, and I got a chance to catch up by phone. Sylvia and my niece, Chelsea, live in Omaha and I always get a little misty eyed when I hang up. I love those two so much.....miss them a ton.

I have so many other things I can't wait to share....but they will just have to wait until tomorrow!!

Sunday's Daily Juice:
1.5 qt Grapefruit, spirulina, coconut oil
1.5 qt celery, spinach, tomatillos, cilantro, green onion, spring garlic, carrot, young coconut water, jalapeno, lime juice, raw honey, macadamia nut oil.
1 qt. Bruschetta Juice

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Penni,
happy mother's day, mmmm gardenias are so gorgeous, those pristine white flowers & the glossy dark green leaves. So ultra femminine. Glad you enjoyed the day. I haven't twittered or blogged much. I have had a lot of work which is a good thing and the chanca piedra is kicking my butt! :)
Spring cleaning this week in the mornings and teaching in the afternoons so busy busy...day 48 for me, the yoga is helping me change in so many ways. Congrats on all the inches lost...wow girl we r so hot! xo love to you dear xo ciao Dea

HiHoRosie said...

Gardenias are my mom's favorite flower. :) I love the smell - so fragrant and beautiful.

Happy belated Mother's Day to you!

Steph said...

The flower is beautiful! We get my mother a Fuschia every year. In a pretty little hanging basket.