Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Real Food - Day 68

Power To The Pie Hole!! Since the original name of my blog and URL is REAL FOOD TULSA, I simply have to make this my post of the day. So, remember, "If it isn't real, spit out your meal!!".....

Big props to my home boys at We Like It Raw for giving me the hook up.

I had just over 4 quarts of juice today, but alas, nothing new and exciting to report in the world of juicy juice. BUT....I did suck it up and prepare dinner for my family tonight! I'll share these super easy and delicious raw food recipes for all my non juice feasting friends, since it turned out to be a big hit:

Portobello Steaks with "Sauteed" Spinach

Steaks:
3 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup Nama Shoyu
1/3 cup raw apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black peppercorns

Spinach:
4 cups packed baby spinach
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg

Instructions:
To make steaks, coat mushrooms w/ marinade, placing them into a bowl in the bottom of your dehydrator at 115 degrees for about an hour or two. If you don't have a dehydrator, put the mixture in a warm place (on your stove or in direct sunlight).
To make spinach, place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and massage.

7 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Oh man, I gotta make that. I'm so into 'shrooms right now! Thanks for posting!
XO
P. Lisa
ps. funny video!

MARYYX said...

That's hysterical, Penni. Thanks for posting.

Hugs
Maryyx

Michelle said...

Oooh, sounds divine girl. I don't know how you do it. Making food and drinking juice. You rock.

The talk with my mom went good. I told her about all the ideas I have. Lately I realized I am a creator and not a finisher. Ha ha.

I have about 3-4 books that I've started, a couple of teleclasses, and various audio files I've created. It's all a big jumble in my mind so my mom helped me sort through it a bit and pick one to focus on.

She suggested that I try to do an Utter each day on a subject for the program. I did it today but it took a long time for me to type it all up and I will have to go back and edit it so I am not sure this is the best idea. I will have to see.

I now have a list of things to do and she is planning on talking with me tomorrow to "check up on me." She said she figures since she didn't mother me as a child she will do it now. :o)

You should read the comment she posted on my sleeping monster post. It blew me away. I decided not to bring it up in the blog but I will share it with you. I sent it to Hanlie earlier.

OK, I ran on at the fingers. Nighty night.

Michelle xo

loulou said...

oooh, i have a big bag of fresh spinach in the fridge which i was going to cook for YummyHubby but looks like we'll be sharing the raw version instead!
Thanks for that!
xxx

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Penni dear Penni!

Love the video, and of course your blog, I visit every day and always leave with a new thought and a smile.

I congratulate you in deciding to go 100 Days! I have toyed with the idea as well, but I feel the need to see how I feel around Day 92 and take it from there. On my second day of water fasting today, and loving it!

Thank you for shining!

LOVE!

Katrina

Anonymous said...

Viva Le Mouth Revolution!!! That was AWESOME!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Dhrumil said...

: )