Saturday, May 24, 2008

Decision Made - Day 85

After much deliberating, I have made my final decision to go back to my original plan of juice feasting for 92 days. There is no doubt that 100 days would be cool, yet there is this nagging feeling within me that says my days of living on just juice are numbered. I've said all along that I don't want to feel as though this is a competition or as though I'm out to prove anything. I honestly feel that the majority of work I set out to accomplish health wise is completed. There is still the issue of my weight not being quite where I wish it were, but I have been wondering if my body could be in starvation mode since my weight loss basically plateaued weeks ago. I am also starting to dream about food every night. Nothing decadent, just simple pleasures like salads, raw soups, cashew hummus and my favorite, faithful love - the smooth & delicious avocado. So, it looks like I have 7 more days of just juice and then it's bring on the prunes, baby!!

Lots of fun things planned this weekend.....today I joined up with my posse on the patio for lunch at Lava. It ended up being a meeting of the secret society of redheads! Here is my sweet friend, Geoff, the chef and I.Below is a pic of the exotic and fair beauty, Miss Lynda:And a picture of my BFF, Western, and his lovely, angelic girlfriend, Michelle:I promise he doesn't normally wear his collar flipped up like a douche...Michelle was just messing with him. See...here's a picture of he and I.....When I'm in a food related social setting like I was today, I find myself looking forward to coming out of my juicy isolation. Everyone keeps asking me what my diet is going to look like when I am not feasting and I have given that question a lot of thought. The plan is to do a high liquid diet, consisting of green smoothies, green juices, blended salads and soups. I am totally eager to eat solid foods again, but I don't intend for that to be the mainstay of my diet. With my history of IBS, liquids and blended foods are really agreeable to my system because they are so easily digestible.

I'm also working on some new juice recipes and hopefully I will be able to share them with you over the next couple of days. Hope you're having a fun filled Memorial Day weekend!!

13 comments:

David and Katrina Rainoshek said...

Yay avocado! I am SO looking forward to eating as well!
Have a beautiful weekend!

Love to YOU!!!

Hanlie said...

May I just say that you look gorgeous! Really!

At the end of the day you're juice feasting for YOU, so listening to your inner guidance system is the most important thing. Well done for doing that!

HiHoRosie said...

Good for you! You should be pleased with yourself - you look FANTASTIC and are a wonder woman in my book. :) That future avocado of yours is going to be the most wonderful, delicious avo EVER!

Deika Elmi said...

You and your friends look so cute! Especially you, and yr BFF's girlfriend is seriousely beautiful.

Re the jucing I am with you on the weight loss my body is being resistant to any further weight loss but hey 30lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Also re the principally liqudarian diet shakes, juices and salads w/the occasional raw meal is totally the way to go. If you ever read Angela Stokes or Matt Monarch's blogs they live like that. Can I just say how hot Montel was in that picture from Heidi and Justin's blog...I mean he doesn't look like he has a chronic disease at all. We are so blessed to have found this lifestyle. Off to the beach, hope you and the fam enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.
Love Dea xoxo

World Wide Alternative said...

Hi!
Bunny sent me over!
I love your blog, it's packed full of interesting stuff.
May I add you to my link list?
Oh yes! I'm a red head too!
Good luck with the juice,
Love Bex. Xxx

Melissa Sokulski said...

Congratulations on your decision. It's very exciting to be nearing the end of the 92 day feast!
~ Melissa

Anonymous said...

Surely the numbers are arbitrary: however you count them 92 or 100 is a lot of days!
Enjoy your avocado when you get it, you've certainly earned it :-)

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Great pics of all you redheads and friends! I think you've made a good decision to listen to your inner guidance. 92 days is rockin! You are sooooo close to an avocado. Enjoy it girl!
XOXOXOXOX
Pixy Lisa

jessica said...

you are almost there. amazing. wonderful. inspiring.

Western Doughty said...

It was awesome hanging with you and crew on Saturday and Monday! AND, thank you for clarifying that I am not a douche. LOL


BFF

Western

Unknown said...

Penni, you are almost there! And as I have already said, you were tested first by passing up that cake at Western's bday...if you could do that, you can do anything!
I am so very proud of you for all you have achieved. Your special "glow" comes from your beautiful personality and physical presence both. Kudos my dear friend.
-Laurie
p.s. Western is a douchebag, he didn't invite me on Saturday. :)

Unknown said...

You are looking as beautiful and glowing as ever!!!!!! and you are doing so amazing... you really should be so proud of yourself. I am going towards juices and blended foods very soon... and I am going in for my first colonic this weekend... SO nervous! I know you have dealt with alot of the same issues as I have with IBS, and hearing you say that getting a colonic was amazing for you - has really helped to give me that extra boost to do it.

by the way, I'm so happy you are going to be at the raw spirit fest.!!! I cant wait to see you again :) :)

xxo,
Britanie

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures, Penni! You are always so vibrant! I giggled when you said your BFF isn't really a douche with his collar flipped up. ROFL

I think it's great that you didn't let your mind force you to go for the longer feast when your body is asking for food!

I'm wondering if the feast was long enough to cure your body from the IBS. I wouldn't be surprised if you find that you are cured from it!! I hope that for you, anyway!!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi Dee
XOXOXO
www.purejeevan.com/blog