Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day - Day 87

Happy Memorial Day! This post will be short, because we've had a houseful of people from morning until night at our house for the past two days and I'm on overload. Today was probably the toughest day I've had with juice feasting thus far, only because I was so busy and distracted by trying to entertain and show hospitality. I wasn't able to make ample time to juice in adequate amounts, so I feel pretty out of balance. I survived the day, but I feel like it's been a battle zone within my emotions. I don't think I had any greens or celery today. I can feel the effects, so tomorrow that will be my first drink of the day....a green machine!

I just want to thank all of you who have been leaving comments and writing personal emails of encouragement. It means more to me than you know...you truly keep me going. I only have 5 more feasting days left now. It's hard to believe this very special time is so quickly drawing to a close. As eager as I am to have my "food freedom" back, there is also a big part of me that will miss this unbelievably healthy discipline of daily juicing. I have a sense that I'll be able to strike a balance that is right for me, so I am trying to not worry, but trust that I will make good choices as I go back into the world of food.

Monday's Daily Juice:
2 qt. orange juice
1 qt. lemon water
1 qt. watermelon juice

5 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Wow, can't believe you're almost there. WTG!! You're an inspiration and have been amazing to follow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penni, I saw you and Gordon at WFM on Sunday afternoon and you BOTH looked GREAT! You are so close to your goal. I hope you get a chance to slow down a bit and enjoy the next few days. NOW is the time. Blessings, Melissa

Bunny Berry said...

You are doing so great, and are so beautiful. I'm very very proud of you, and inspired by your kindness. You rock, sister.

Hanlie said...

I must say, I miss juice feasting some days. It has a lot going for it!

Anonymous said...

you are so close and i am so proud of you! you have touched so many lives and inspired those around you. i think you will find new confidence in the coming new chapters of your life, because of the great courage and perserverence in sticking to a tough goal.