Friday, May 30, 2008

Sliding Into Home Base - Day 91

This picture sums up how I'm feeling today.....just like I'm sliding into home plate. (Although I feel so much cleaner than that!) Tomorrow will be my final day of official juice feasting. It's really hard to believe it's almost over. This last month has been my most challenging time, just as I knew it would be, yet the past 3 months have just flown by.

Today has been a really good day. I started off at yoga this morning and it was one of the best classes I've had in months. I also was able to soak up some sun and work in my garden a bit, which is so balancing and like therapy to me. I have also made plans to meet up with my friend, Paula, tomorrow morning. Paula & I met only since I've been juice feasting, so she's fairly new to raw foods, but she's completely taking hold and running with it! Please take a moment and stop by Paula's brand new blog and send some of your amazing encouragement her direction. We're going to be brainstorming about some exciting ideas of how we can can get the raw community in our area up and really humming.

Tomorrow's blog should be worth tuning in for. In it I'll post all of my final stats; measurements, weight and an overall summary of my experience with juice feasting. I forgot to buy prunes at Whole Foods today, but as it turns out, it's no coincidence. I just logged onto the Rainoshek's blog to find out that they are advocating green smoothies instead of eating prunes to break the juice feast now!! Blessed be the Lamb! I've never been a big fan of prunes, so the though of having a delicious green smoothie sounds so much better for me. This makes me even more excited for Sunday!

Friday's Daily Juice:
1 qt. grapefruit, orange, spirulina
1qt. pineapple, parsley, cilantro, red bell pepper, thai pepper.
1.5 qt. "Creamy Tomato Soup" - 1 qt. tomatoes, 2 scallions, 1/2 bunch basil, 3 stalks celery, handful fresh oregano, 2 cloves garlic, 1 tbsp. olive oil, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp. local raw honey to taste. This was so delicious, but it caused my lips to puff up like I'd had a collagen injection. Wonder what's up with that?

3 comments:

Charis said...

So excited for you! Just after 10 days I'm looking forward to food too. :) Big congratulations hugs! You're amazing! It must seem like a dream that it's almost all done. :P

Pearly said...

Penni,
You are such an inspiration and I am cheering you all the way!
Judi

Anonymous said...

A green smoothie sounds like a much better transition than prunes! Yay!!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi Dee
XOXOXO
www.purejeevan.com/blog