Thursday, May 15, 2008

Love is in the Air - Day 76

I haven't been to the Asian market since much earlier in my juice feast, so today I meandered across town to the stinkiest store in Tulsa, Nam Hai. I was pleasantly surprised when I entered because this time my eyes didn't start watering right away. Normally the fish stench is enough to cause an instant gag reflex, but all I noticed was Babel incense, which is a marvelous change. Anyway....I scored big today! I got lemongrass, limes, mint, thai basil, oranges, thai bird peppers, jalapenos, young thai coconuts, cilantro, onions and a variety of unidentifiable leafy greens for $ 24.76. That's a freakin' miracle! I would have spent $84.49 at Whole Foods for this same load. Oh, but I'm probably going to get slowly Napalm poisoned by this stuff....does anybody know if it's safe? I doubt it's organic. Duh.

I've got a little secret. I won't divulge all the dirt, but there is a possibility that I might have a little match maker magic flowing through my veins. I'll just say this.....I know two unbelievably awesome people that are preparing for a spiritually serendipitous meeting on Monday in NYC. One lives in Manhattan and the other in the south of Florida. If you believe in the power of love, could you mutter a little prayer or send a little of your own "bibbidi-bobbidi-boo" that direction this coming Monday? I'm pretty sure that their babies are throwing a tantrum to be born!

Thursday's Daily Juice:
Drank a couple of quarts of Master Cleanse until 3 pm, but I felt great and even got a number of errands done.
1.5 qt. "Indian Green Curry Surprise"....2 stalks of lemongrass, 4 stalks of celery, 3 carrots, 2 jalapeƱos, 1 small read bell pepper, 3 green onions, 1 small knob of ginger, 1/2 cup fresh basil, 1 large handful of cilantro, juice of 2 limes. Push everything through your juicer then put the juice into your Vita Mix and add the water of one young coconut, 1 tbsp. olive oil (or avocado oil, if you have it!) 1/2 tsp. Indian curry, and raw honey to taste. Blend this for about 20 seconds and enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Penni, okay you did score big and that is a very good thing. Shopping for fresh, organic produce can quickly add up. Now little Mrs. Gourmet here [that would be me ;-)] has never heard of thai bird peppers. Are they hot, mild,...? I am going to make your Indian Green Curry Surprise - it sounds so interesting. I've got everything but the lemon grass [guess who'll be at the market tomorrow].

I scrolled down and saw pictures of you. You look so bright and fantastic ~ I just wanted to hug you. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!
Stinkiest store in town hahaha, there are no asian stores here so I miss them, smell and all.
As for your yenta qualities (yiddish for match maker) all I can say is go girl. Can you believe how far we've come and how well we are doing with the feast?
Love to you dear, lots of love xo Dea

Anonymous said...

Now that you divulged the locations of the two you are matching up, I see it's not the two I thought it would be! I should whisper in your ear about the other couple who looks like they should probably be together and see what you think--maybe your next clients? ;-)

That Indian juice sounds FABULOUS!! If I remember, I'll give it a try at the end of the month when my life goes back to normal.

Congratulation on scoring big with the produce!!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

www.purejeevan.com/blog

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Yeah, the Asian markets are great for scoring on produce. So are the Mexican markets around here. They have the best watermelons.
Hang in there with the juice girl. You are so close!!!!
XO
Pixy Lisa

taste memory said...

You have health+passion+juicing and even a 'great deal' wrapped in this informative post!

Your blog inspires me so much with great insight.

Would love to pass on an award to you in admiration + inspiration! ~ do check out my site for details....

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Asian Market with you before I depart for D-town. It has been way too long and last time I went I got a coconut which sent me to the minor emergency room with 9 stitches (but a cute doctor)...I don't play well with knives...

OK I am guessing randomly here....Philip and ???

Michelle said...

Hey you little matchmaker. I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I should be sleeping. It's 1:30 am but it's the only time I can find to get on the puter.

Your creativity with juice is inspiring. I was so boring. Makes me want to juice feast again.

xo Lots of love! xo

HiHoRosie said...

Your Asian market spree sounds so great! You got some fantastic stuff! I'm imagining all the fragrant smells from each item.

This was a fun post - I love that you get to be matchmaker! I'll be sure to send some bippity boppity boo that way!