Thursday, May 1, 2008

One Hundred Days - Day 62

Today my husband was at home working and he asked if I'd run out to pick up lunch for him at his favorite Middle Eastern restaurant. Since I haven't been preparing meals all that much lately, I was happy to be able to do something nice for him. He ordered the falafel platter with hummus and tabbouleh. As much as I love raw hummus, it was the smell of the tabbouleh that had my mouth watering on the car ride back home.

As Gordon was happily devouring his lunch, I decided that I would try to create a juice that had all of the ingredients of tabbouleh (except the grain). At the bottom of today's entry you'll find the recipe for what I think turned out to be a wonderfully fresh and delicious new juice recipe. It is beginning to be a fascination...thinking up new concoctions to juice. I suppose after 62 days of nothing but juice, a bit of boredom is bound to set in. It's really a miracle that I am still enjoying my old tried and true recipes after all this time. I love variety and when I was eating solid food, I rarely ate leftovers because my palate always seemed ready to move on to the next taste sensation. One of my goals over then next few weeks is to come up with more fun and interesting flavor combinations, and of course, I'll be quick to share them with you.

Yesterday was my friend Philip McCluskey's 100th and final day of juice feasting. As a tribute to him, I have waited until he finished his feast to make the official announcement that I, too, am hoping to extend my feast to 100 days. That number resonates well with me and it's only a few more days than I'd originally planned. I mean, after 92 days, what's 8 more, right? At this point, I feel as though I have achieved tremendous health goals already, but I also know that there is a lot of work that is being done on a deeper cellular level and I want that to continue. I also have another 20 or so pounds I'd like to drop once and for all. but we'll just have to see how that goes. So, a great big congratulations to Philip, one of my most inspiring mentors during this feast. I am so proud of you for completing this amazing accomplishment!!

Thursday's Daily Juice:
1.5 qt. grapefruit & spirulina
1 qt. Tabbouleh.....2 cucumbers, 1 bunch fresh mint, 1 bunch curly leaf parsley, 1 bunch green onions, 1 large handful grape tomatoes, 1/2 head romaine, juice of 2 lemons, 2 cloves garlic, fresh cracked pepper, sea salt to taste.
1.5 qt. romaine, celery, asparagus, broccoli, carrot, onion sprouts, red bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, sea salt.

7 comments:

Lovingraw said...

wow... look who is getting hard core. :) Thanks for the shout out Penni, much love to you always. You know how highly I think of you... you can do anything!

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing. I would have never thought of a juice like that!

I am also inspired by your thoughts of hitting 100 like Phillip. You both are hard core :)

Looks like my opportunity to meet up with the girl posse on Monday may be opening up...I am excited!

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Congrats on your decision to extend your feast! A juice glass raised in well wishes! The tabbouleh looks great!
XO
Pixy Lisa

MARYYX said...

Hi Penni

100 days - I know you can do it. You are absolutely right. After 92 days, what is 100 more?

I'm going to try your Tabbouleh recipe.

I really like cole slaw made with red cabbage and apples. I made a juice one day with just those two ingredients and really liked it.

Hugs
Maryyx

Hanlie said...

Ah, you're going to be a centenarian! Great job!

loulou said...

hey Penni, wow! that's amazing that you're going to go for the 100 days! i know it certainly feels like a more logical number, right?
looking forward to watching you, you trailblazer!

with love xxx

PS: hope this post works, the last couple of times my comments haven't appeared on your blog :( blogger having issues...

Michelle said...

Wow, a juice chef! That juice looks wonderful. Your creativity is inspiring. Keep juicing!